It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure - Coco Chanel

Monday 7 February 2011

Belt Up!

I have a huge collection of belts which I have added to over the years, some are 20 years old and perfectly worn in, never to be parted with.

A few from my collection


A few more!


 Belts are one of the easiest ways of 'finishing' an outfit - you can wear a black dress and add a pop of colour with a bright belt or brighten up a white shirt with a tan belt, there arn't any rules!


The choice of designs is endless and often the most unusual ones are found in the most unexpected places.  One of my favourites was found on a market stall in Cambridge and one in a gift shop in a very picturesque village in France.  Many of my belts hold memories of where I found them which is probably one of the reasons why I never part with them.

I look out for unusual detailing which makes the belt individual.

From Next many years ago

From a market stall in Cambridge, yes the fur is real!

Firetrap last season, I love the end of the tail

An older one from Firetrap, the distressed detailing is beautiful



It is often thought that you need to be slim to wear a belt, because it highlights the waist area but a chunky belt worn low on the hips with a loose sweater or shirt looks great on anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment