It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure - Coco Chanel

Wednesday 26 January 2011

All Wrapped Up

No mistaking the cold weather is still with us and doesn't look like leaving anytime soon.  Going out and about you're going to need to keep warm and cosy and, as much as I love my leather jackets, they just don't cut it when trying to keep toasty.

You need more than one coat to cover all occasions and I think I've got it sorted between a couple of my favourite brands.

The Blaze coat from Firetrap (now in their sale) is smart enough for work and striking enough to make you stand out in the style stakes.
Worn with black boots, leather gloves and with a snuggly scarf this coat makes me feel good every time I put it on.

Weekends require something a bit more casual and, again from Firetrap, the Essa parka ticks all the boxes.  The quilted lining keeps me warm and the huge detachable faux fur collar is so cosy!



I team this with my cream knitted Ugg hat and Ugg Plumdale boots.

Over Christmas and New Year there are lots of excuses to dress up and celebrate and I've discovered the perfect cover-up to complete the theme.

One of my all-time favourite design labels is a Desigual and I'm lucky enough to live nearby to a great stockist - Extreme of Connaught Avenue, Frinton.  A couple of years ago I invested in this fabulous coat which never fails to attract attention.


Each year they bring out the same coat in different colours/patterns and the detailing  is amazing.

Finally, today I received my bargain leather Firetrap jacket from their online sale and its gorgeous - can't wait for the weather to warm up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment